Monday, May 30, 2011

...worry...

As excited as I am to take off on this AMAZING adventure to Uganda, the past few days I have fallen back under one of my bad traits of worrying about every little thing. Although I had one big relief, receiving my passport in the mail, I still have found every other little thing to bring up. The biggest one being traveling by myself. I have been out of the country several times but I was always traveling with others start to finish. I had other to rely on when we were in places that were foreign to us. For this trip I will be flying by myself from LAX to Heathrow to embark on a 6 hour layover before I hopefully find someone I recognize on my flight from Heathrow to Entebbe. The thought of being by myself for that long, in a place I have never been and where I won't be able to call anyone when I'm all by myself, even though I'm 20 years old and should be able to handle it, scares me a little. Deep down I know I'll be fine but I really have to get that into my head. I've also been worrying about some of the smaller things like not getting enough support raised and not having enough supplies to take with me to donate and forgetting something importing while packing even though I still have a month for it all. I need to really just be calm and know that the Lord has control over this trip and I have been called by him to do it, so even if it may not be on the timeline I would like, He is going to help me pull everything together.

I just continue daily to remind myself 'Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be make known to God.' Philipians4:6-7


peace.love.joy