Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Final Days

I am writing from an internet cafe. Two of the girls and I had some time before dinner so we decided to walk up the street to find a place where we could get online for a little longer. So I thought I would add a little bit more to my last update.

The days sure are winding down. Projects are starting to wrap up and I feel so great about everything I have done here. Yesterday I spent the day working at the school. I love getting to see all the little kids and how happy they are to learn. It was a short day though because we had to be back early for a surprise dinner before Prayer Mountain. They took us to a place called Mamba Point where we got pizza!! It was so amazing and very much needed to help get us through this last week. Then we attempted to go to Prayer Mountain which I mentioned in my last post. We got all the way to the top to find out that it was closed. We made our own prayer spot and it was still an amazing experience. So beautiful. Today I spent the day working at the farm. I get to work on my tan out there :) I spent most of today weeding along the fence line with the other girl that went. Good relationship building time though.

Went for a run today when we got home. It was only 2 miles which I thought would be a piece of cake but it was probably close to 90 out and was REALLY hard. But it was super nice to get out and run. I had to do some of my laundry too so that I can get through these last few days. Tomorrow I will be going back to the school to teach my last music class, and Friday I will be working at the Slum base painting and planting. Saturday we may potentially go and raft the Niel River but it is still a work in progress. Sunday is our day off and it will probably just be a lot of hanging out and maybe a little shopping at the market. Monday we will probably all be going to the farm to welcome those in the new class that will be starting. And Tuesday is a surprise. So little time left that I just want to take everything in.

I didn't do very good planning before I left because I found out once I got here I have an overnight layover at the Heathrow airport and they close from 12am-4am. Luckily there are three girls I have gotten to know who are going to be kind enough to let me stay will them since I am there for a shorter time then they are. I'm so excited to get to see another place on my way home.

Well, that's all for now. If I get time Sunday I will post again. If not, I'll write when I return home! Love hard.

peace.love.joy