Saturday, July 2, 2011

final prep days

58 hours, 30 minutes, until my plane departs from LAX! I can't believe it's this close! Since Feburary this trip has seemed so far away and that there was so much to do to make it possible but it is finally (almost) here and I can say the wait was well worth it! I have been working on packing for the last 3 or 4 days now and every time I sort it all out I still feel like I'm missing something. It's quite hard packing for a country you have never been to and for not know what we are really going to be doing. But I guess whatever I don't have I won't need. I'm taking all my personal stuff in my backpacking backpack and plan on carrying that on with me. I got a ton of school supplies and toiletrees to take over as donations with me which is super awesome! I will be checking a seperate suitcase containing just those things.

I am so ready for this opportunity that the Lord has called me to. I know that I am going to be able to spend some sweet time with Him and just so excited for all He has to offer. I ask for you're continued prayer support for the safety of our whole group, for unity, and for love and joy for everything that we will be doing.

But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter  3:15

I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

I will try to update my blog as much as I can while I am away but as of right now I am not yet sure of what our internet access will be like.  


peace.love.joy