Monday, July 25, 2011

Real World Uganda

Just a breif update this morning. We were out in the village Wednesday-Sunday so weren't able to get online at all and have limited time this morning before the day starts. But I just wanted to let everyone know I am alive and well and still having an amazing time! Each day Africa gets better and better! I love it! We have had so many amazing experiences the last week and so many more to come in our final 8 days. AHHHH so crazy to think that my time here is almost over.

On Sunday we got to go to the Nile River. It is so beautiful! Got to stick my feet in the water and then we all decided to dunk our heads in too. It was great to get to go out and do a little site seeing.

Yesterday we did a scavenger hunt around the city. It was pretty much like Amazing Race. It was crazy and frustrating but so much fun and really cool to get to see more of the city Kampala. It's so different from anything we have really seen yet is still so third world and different than anything I have ever experienced.

Tonight we are going to Prayer Mt. It is a whole mountain top that a guy purchased and turned into Prayer Mt. I'm not really sure what to expect but I'm excited to see what it brings.

Again I wish I could write more but I'm out of time today! I'll see you all in 9 days and can't wait to share all my stories and pictures! Love Hard!

peace.love.joy